The Myth: I been to the campus for a tour before, therefore I won’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: Even in the event you’ve visited campus, it is helpful to go to as an admitted student as you think about your admission offer.
What a wonderful time of year! Admitted students recently heard it is time for students to make the important decision of where to go to college that they are part of the Trojan Family and now. At USC, we have numerous programs for students to have one last appearance before they make their decision.
Often times students may think it’s pointless in the future to campus in April should they went on a tour their junior or senior 12 months. However, it can absolutely be worth your time to visit campus within the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? Could I see myself here? What information do I need to know about applying?
Visiting campus being an admitted student is a completely various feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this true point, USC is completely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to just take a serious and close look. Where would I be residing? Who be my classmates? Which professors will likely be teaching my classes? What communities will I join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and begin to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You can sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day through your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We may be visiting town near you! We realize that traveling to campus might be logistically hard, but you want to be sure to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can also be made at you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! With respect to the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We hope to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, therefore I’m waitlisted
The Myth: I’m a springtime acknowledge, therefore I’m fundamentally waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we could possibly move a number of the students towards the autumn semester, springtime admission just isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So why do we do it? Well, every 12 months we all know there is going to be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad. We also have a very admission that is competitive at USC, and now we can never ever acknowledge most of the wonderful students whom apply to USC. So spring admission allows us to admit a lot more of this amazing pupils we want at USC because we realize we will have more room available in the spring semester.
Spring admits are not any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after several semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are as much USC students as just about any Trojan, and we want them at USC as every other Trojan. Arriving at USC in the spring gives you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease into the college change by taking classes at a district college. You are able to explore the world through a study abroad program. You could have a break from the grind and luxuriate in a month or two off shmoop.pro of college!
If you haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. There is lots of details about the resources we have for the spring admits ranging from course planning the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
If you are a spring admit, please know you are an accomplished pupil and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family. We look forward to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with choices. If you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact every person by June 1st with either a request for spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For those of you have got currently been admitted, or are wondering what the next actions will be if you are admitted, this website’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you’ve probably noticed that it says you’ll want to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of getting your admission page. This means, in the event that you get the admission decision before June 1st, you have actually until June 1st to choose. If you get the letter after June 1st, you have two weeks to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill in the FAFSA plus the CSS profile ASAP, if not already completed. We usually do not want your capacity to agree to USC to be held up by school funding. The earlier we have these documents, the quicker we can allow you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer students, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the higher the possibilities. It is possible to submit your housing application ahead of the commitment deposit. USC also has student that is off-campus, so don’t neglect to check those options as well.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your dedication deposit. You will receive an email because of the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own most recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you are a Trojan!
Of course, our company is constantly willing to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!